River Guardians volunteers can take part in skilled volunteering projects. Volunteers can get involved in a number of projects ranging from planting at foreshore restoration sites, to being the eyes on our rivers and becoming a Dolphin Watcher. Visit the Dolphin Watch section to find out how you can volunteer and contribute to new scientific discoveries on bottlenose dolphins in our rivers.
There are also many community groups looking for volunteers to take part in hands-on activities that help to protect our rivers. The River Guardians program is committed to supporting the important work that these organisations and groups do. Volunteer projects include planting, weeding, drain stencilling, and rubbish removal.
- Parks and Wildlife Service - www.dbca.wa.gov.au
- Eastern Metropolitan Regional Council - www.emrc.org.au
- South East Regional Centre for Urban Landcare - www.sercul.org.au
- Perth Region NRM - www.perthregionnrm.com
- Chittering Landcare Centre - www.chitteringlandcare.org.au